A creamy avocado and salmon salad that’s full of healthy fats to keep you going. Spiked with hot and zingy wasabi dressing this is a mega-salad.
For the sesame green beans
- 175g/6oz sesame seeds, toasted
- 3½ tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 450g/1lb green beans, trimmed
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- salt, to taste
For the salad
- 250g/9oz cooked fresh salmon fillets, skins removed and thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, skin and stone removed, thinly sliced
- 120g/4½oz rocket
- handful fresh coriander
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
For the dressing
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 lime, juice only
- 2 tsp wasabi paste
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- To make the sesame paste for the green beans, finely grind 6 tablespoons of sesame seeds in a pestle and mortar and transfer to a small food processor. Add the remaining sesame seeds, soy sauce and sugar and process to a paste.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the beans and cook for 4 minutes or until tender but still crisp. Transfer the beans to iced water to refresh. Drain, dry and set aside.
- Whisk together the vinegar, spring onions and ginger with the sesame paste. Add the green beans and toss together.
- To make the wasabi dressing, put all the ingredients in a small, lidded jar and shake until combined. Taste for seasoning.
- To serve, arrange the salmon and avocado on a serving platter and drizzle with the wasabi dressing. Scatter over the rocket leaves and coriander and sprinkle with the toasted sesame seeds. Serve with the sesame green beans.