This dessert is so simple to pull together and tastes wonderful. A great dish to serve up for an evening with friends.
- 6 ripe plums
- 2 meringue nests
- 250g tub mascarpone cheese
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- Preheat the oven 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
- Halve and stone the plums and put them, hollow side up, in a heatproof dish.
- Break up the meringues and sprinkle them over the top, making sure lots fall into the hollows of the fruit.
- Place dollops of mascarpone cheese on top of the meringues and fruit.
- Sprinkle with the sugar and place the dish in the oven.
- Cook for 20 minutes, removing from the oven when the fruit is tender with a crisp crust. Serve warm.
Source: BBC FOODS