Preserved lemon, smoked paprika and yoghurt make a divine dressing to serve with these easy beef mince kebabs.
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 500g/1lb 2oz minced beef (around 12% fat)
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1½ tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- fresh mint sprigs, to serve
- freshly ground black pepper
For the dip
- 150g/5½oz full-fat Greek yoghurt
- ½ small preserved lemon, drained well and finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- pinch smoked paprika
- Mix the beef, cumin, paprika, salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper together in a bowl. Divide the mince mixture into 8 portions and press each portion firmly onto flat skewers, each one around 10–12cm/4–4½in long.
- Place a non-stick griddle pan over high heat and brush with a little oil. Cook the kebabs for about 10 minutes, turning 3–4 times, or until well browned on the outside and thoroughly cooked on the inside – there should be no pink remaining.
- Add the onion wedges to the griddle for the last 5 minutes of the cooking time and griddle until lightly charred, turning occasionally.
- To make the dip, mix the yogurt with the preserved lemon and garlic. Spoon into a serving dish, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with a little paprika.
- Put the onions onto a serving plate and top with the kebabs, scatter with fresh mint and sprinkle with a little more paprika. Serve with the dip.