These are the best Blueberry muffins ever, but you can use this recipe as a basic muffin recipe, too. Leave the muffin mixture to rest for as long as your willpower can bear.
- 110g/4oz plain flour
- 110g/4oz butter, softened
- 65g/2½oz caster sugar
- 2 free-range eggs
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- 125g/4½oz blueberries, or equivalent in frozen blueberries
- pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- Cream the butter and sugar together then slowly add the eggs, mix for three minutes. Add the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, stir to combine, then refrigerate for at least an hour, preferably overnight.
- Place a spoonful of muffin mixture into each muffin case, filling each to just over halfway. Stud each muffin with about eight blueberries.
- Bake in an oven set at 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6 for 20 minutes, or until golden on top. Serve warm.