A rich and spicy chicken curry that’s always a favourite. A great choice for an informal dinner party.
* +- 1.2 Kg chicken Braai pack
* 2 medium onions thinly sliced
* 100g butter
* 15ml sunflower oil
* 10ml garam masala
* 10ml coriander powder
* 10ml chilli powder
* 20ml fresh minced ginger and garlic mix
* 10ml salt or to taste
* 3 cardamom pods
* generous grinding of black pepper
* 100 ml plain yoghurt
* 40ml tomato paste
* 150ml milk
* 3 curry leaves
* 250ml fresh cream
* 15ml cornflour
– Heat the butter and oil in a large pot and brown the chicken pieces a few at a time to brown lightly all over.
– Remove chicken from pot and set aside.
– In remaining fat fry onions gently till soft and golden. Return chicken into the pot.
– In a bowl combine all spices seasonings ginger and garlic mix with yoghurt tomato paste and milk.
– Stir into chicken and onion mixture to coat well. Add curry leaves. Simmer on low for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
– Mix cream and cornflour together and stir into chicken simmering for another 10-15 minutes.
source – cooking365coza
The post Butter Chicken Recipe appeared first on News365.co.za.