Make 24 Christmas mini-muffins in cute individual cases – perfect for Christmas canapés or as a daily advent calendar-style treat.
- 200g/7oz self-raising flour, sifted
- 100g/3½oz golden caster sugar
- 100ml/3½fl oz sunflower oil
- 75ml/2½fl oz milk
- 1 large free-range egg
- 50g/1¾oz good quality dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 heaped tbsp high-quality mincemeat
- 50g/1 ¾oz good quality white chocolate, chopped
- 50g/1¾oz dried (or fresh) cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5 and put 24 mini-muffin cases inside a mini-muffin tin.
- Mix the flour and sugar in a bowl, then make a well in the centre. Whisk together the oil, milk and egg and slowly pour into the bowl, stirring gently. Divide this mixture between two bowls. In one bowl add the dark chocolate and mincemeat. Add the white chocolate and cranberries to the other bowl. Stir very gently.
- Divide the two mixtures among the 24 muffin cases and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and risen.
- Remove the muffins to a wire rack and eat warm.