Gluten-free and vegan Egg-free pancakes that taste absolutely delicious. This easy banana pancake recipe is perfect with sliced bananas, berries and toasted nuts. They also work brilliantly with lemon and sugar. The simple and effective mix of gluten-free flours in this recipe will also work for most baking recipes.
For this recipe you will need a food processor. Each pancake provides 183 kcal, 3g protein, 30.5g carbohydrates (of which 12.5g sugars), 5g fat (of which 0.5g saturates), 1.5g fibre and 0.1g salt.
- 65g/2¼oz rice flour
- 65g/2¼oz tapioca flour
- ½ very ripe banana
- 300ml/10½fl oz almond milk
- 2 tsp rapeseed oil or coconut oil, for frying
For the topping
- 1½ bananas, sliced
- large handful blueberries
- 30g/1oz pecans, toasted
- 6 tsp maple syrup
- Put the flours, banana and almond milk in a food processor and blitz until you have a smooth batter approximately the consistency of single cream. Pour the mixture into a jug.
- Heat a 20-25cm/8-10in non-stick frying pan until hot and brush with a little oil. Pour in a little of the batter and swirl it around the pan to make a full sized pancake. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until golden at the edges. Loosen and flip over with a spatula. Cook until golden on both sides. Repeat with the remaining batter. You can keep the cooked pancakes warm by wrapping in foil and placing in a low temperature oven.
- Put the pancakes on plates and top with the bananas, blueberries, pecans and maple syrup. Serve immediately.