This super-simple one-pot healthy chicken casserole has a rich and spicy tomato sauce studded with black olives, with spinach stirred in just before serving.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 large red pepper, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tsp hot smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbsp sun-dried tomato purée
- 600g/1lb 5oz skinless and boneless chicken thighs
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 100ml/3½fl oz chicken stock
- 100g/3½oz pitted black olives
- 1 lemon, juice only
- ½ large orange, juice only
250g/9oz baby spinach
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and fry for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the red pepper, chilli and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the paprika, cayenne pepper and sun-dried tomato purée. Add the chicken and fry for 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown and well coated.
- Add the tomatoes, stock and olives, and turn the heat down. Cover and cook for 40 minutes, until the chicken is falling apart and the sauce is thick.
- Stir in the lemon and orange juice, then stir in the spinach until wilted. Serve hot.