In ten minutes, you can serve this healthy tuna pasta as a salad in a packed lunch or for supper.
150g/5oz whole wheat pasta, cooked according to packet instructions (to al dente) and drained
150g/5oz olives, chopped
150g/5oz canned tuna, drained
75g/2½oz Parmesan, grated
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
For the salad
- 3 carrots, grated or sliced into ribbons using a vegetable peeler
- 1 cucumber, seeds removed and grated or sliced into ribbons using a vegetable peelee
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Place the cooked penne into a large bowl with all the other ingredients (the residual heat from the pasta will heat the other ingredients to give you a warm pasta dish).
- Place the grated carrot, cucumber and chopped tomatoes into a separate bowl and mix together.
- Serve both bowls of salad together at the table, warm, or refrigerate and mix together for a packed lunch salad.