Hot cross buns cooked in a French toast style with banana and fresh berries.
125g punnet Blueberries
250g punnet Strawberries
2 bananas, sliced
3 tablespoons white sugar
1 tablespoon water
4 large eggs
3 tablespoons castor sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 teaspoon orange zest
4 hot cross buns, halved lengthwise
2 tablespoons butter plus one teaspoon for frying banana
Double cream yoghurt
* In a small bowl toss together the berries, sugar, and water. Set aside.
* Heat a non-stick frying ban with one teaspoon of butter.
* Fry the bananas on both sides until brown and caramelised. Set aside to cool.
* In a large bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, castor sugar, vanilla and orange zest.
* Whisk until smooth.
* Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat.
* Melt one tablespoon of butter and spread to coat the pan.
* Dip each hot cross bun half in the batter and coat on both sides. Add more butter as required.
* Add slices of the prepared hot cross buns to the pan and brown on both sides. Continue with the remaining slices.
* Serve immediately with berries, a drizzle of syrup, powdered sugar and yoghurt.
source – cooking365coza
The post Hot Cross Bun Treat Recipe appeared first on News365.co.za.