Get ready for Spring with these delicious Spring Rolls. Super simple and great as part of a cocktail platter.
* 15ml sunflower oil
* 1 onion, finely diced
* 500g chicken mince
* 1 sachet cream of chicken soup
* 30ml Thai green curry paste
* 30ml sweet chilli sauce
* 1 carrot, peeled and grated
* 60ml fresh coriander, chopped
* 1 x 300g pack spring roll pastry
* Oil for frying
FOR THE SWEET CHILLI MAYO
60ml sweet chilli sauce
– Heat 15ml oil in a frying pan and fry the onion until soft.
– Add the chicken mince and cook, stirring to break up the lumps.
– Stir in the contents of the sachet of cream of chicken soup, Thai green curry paste, sweet chilli sauce and carrots.
– Allow cooking for a further 10 – 15 minutes, stirring occasionally then remove from the heat, stir the coriander through and allow to cool.
– Place a sheet of spring roll pastry onto a clean work surface. Spoon about two tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the corner of the pastry closest to you.
– Brush the corners and edges with water to seal.
– Roll up the pastry to enclose the filling, folding in the sides as you go.
– Heat oil in a wok or pan and fry the spring rolls in batches until golden brown. Remove from the oil and drain on a paper towel. Serve immediately.
– To make the sweet chilli mayo, combine the mayonnaise and sweet chilli sauce.
Hints & Tips
These spring rolls make super party food. They can be made and frozen before you fry them. Remove from freezer and cook from frozen.
source – cooking365coza
The post How to make Spring Rolls – Recipe appeared first on News365.co.za.