Jacket potato with tuna and sun-dried tomatoes Recipe : Tinned tuna, sun-dried tomatoes and capers with a zippy lemon dressing make a fresh-tasting jacket potato filling. Rocket brings a peppery flavour that’s delicious with tuna.
- 2 large, floury potatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 220g/8oz tuna in olive oil, from a jar or tin (drained weight)
- 50g/1¾oz sun-dried tomatoes (in oil), drained and roughly chopped
- 2 tsp capers
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 40g/1½oz rocket leaves
- flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
- Prick the potatoes all over with a fork then rub them with olive oil and sprinkle with flaky salt. Place on a baking tray and bake for 1 hour–1½ hours, depending on size. The potatoes are ready when the skin is crisp and the centre is soft (test by gently squeezing or piercing with a skewer).
- Drain the tuna, reserving the oil. Using the back of a fork, mash the tuna in a bowl. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, capers, lemon juice and rocket. Add 1 tablespoon of the olive oil from the tuna and some black pepper. Mix until evenly combined, then taste and add more pepper or lemon juice if you like.
- Cut the hot jacket potatoes in half and top with the tuna mixture.