A healthy, fresh and zingy meal of Microwave carrot and ginger rice that’s ready in minutes.
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 3cm/1¼ in piece root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 250g/9oz cooked brown basmati rice, cooled
- 2 tsp reduced salt soy sauce
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp roughly chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- 1 lime, halved
- Place all the ingredients, except half the coriander, the sesame seeds and limes, into a large microwave-proof bowl and mix together really well.
- Cover with kitchen paper and heat on high in the microwave for 3 minutes until heated through.
- Divide between serving bowls, top with the sesame seeds and remaining coriander, squeeze over the lime halves and serve.