Whizzed-up avocados and banana make a silky soft vegan Quick avocado chocolate mousse made with maple syrup for sweetness and cocoa powder for choccy depth.
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, stoned and peeled (prepared weight 190g/6½oz)
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled (prepared weight 210g/7½oz)
- 80g/2¾oz good-quality cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1 unwaxed orange, finely grated zest only
- 120ml/4fl oz maple syrup
- 10 Medjool dates, finely chopped
- 100ml/3½fl oz milk (or almond milk)
- 40g/1½oz good-quality dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids, dairy-free)
- 50g/1¾oz pecans, toasted and chopped
- 50g/1¾oz macadamia nuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- Put the avocado flesh into a food processor and add the bananas, breaking them into pieces. Add the cocoa powder, vanilla and orange extracts, orange zest, maple syrup, dates and milk. Blend until smooth.
- Spoon the mousse evenly into glass bowls and grate chocolate over each portion. Sprinkle with the chopped nuts and sea salt flakes to serve.