Roast cauliflower with cashew nuts : With earthy cauliflower, sweet and nutty cashew and a deep umami note from the Parmesan, this quick roasted cauliflower recipe is easy yet impressive.
- 1 large cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 lime, zest and juice only
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil or nut oil
- 100g/3½oz cashew nuts
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 25g/1oz Parmesan (or an alternative vegetarian hard cheese), grated
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and add the cauliflower. Blanch for 2-3 minutes, then drain. Put a tea towel over the steaming cauliflower and leave to dry for a few minutes.
- Mix the lime juice and zest with the garlic and oil. Put the cauliflower and cashew nuts in a roasting tin and pour over the lime and garlic mixture, mixing thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 10 minutes, then sprinkle over the parmesan. Roast for a further 10 minutes until the cashew nuts are golden-brown and the cauliflower has started to brown in places. Serve.