This spicy Sesame-honey chicken salad ia a crunchy salad that is low on fat but full of flavour – perfect for a healthy dinner.
Each serving provides 216kcal, 26g protein, 14g carbohydrate (of which 13g sugars), 6g fat (of which 1g saturates), 2g fibre and 0.9g salt.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 4 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2.5cm/1in piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- small bunch of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 large carrot, cut into fine matchsticks
- 1 bunch of spring onions, shredded
- ½ cucumber, peeled, halved, de-seeded and cut into matchsticks
- ½ Chinese lettuce, finely shredded
- Cut the chicken into thin strips and mix with the honey, vinegar and soy sauce. Leave to marinate in a non-metallic bowl for about 30 minutes.
- Heat the sesame oil in a frying pan and cook the chicken over a high heat with any marinade for about 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through, leaving some cooked marinade in the pan to use as the salad dressing.
- To serve warm, toss in a large bowl with the remaining ingredients and eat immediately. To serve cold, leave the cooked chicken and marinade to cool and then toss with the remaining ingredients.