Enjoy these delicious pork chops coated with a zesty, spicy Asian inspired sauce.
4 pork chops
1 Tbsp (15ml) oil
1 orange, juiced or ¼ cup (60ml) naartjie juice
salt and freshly milled pepper
4 nests egg noodles, cooked according to packaged instructions
2 stalks spring onion, chopped
FOR THE SOY MARINADE:
3 Tbsp (45ml) brown sugar or honey
3 Tbsp (45ml) soy sauce
2 cloves garlic
juice of a lemon
1 Tbsp (15ml) fresh ginger, finely grated
Freshly cracked pepper
1 Tbsp (15ml) sunflower oil or sesame oil
1-2 chilli, chopped
1-2 Tbsp coriander, chopped
1-2 stalks spring onion, chopped
– Blend all of the marinade ingredients together.
– Marinate the pork chops in the marinade for at least an hour.
– Heat the oil in a large pan, then add the chops (do not add the marinade).
– Cook for about 5 minutes on each side or until brown, then add the marinade and orange juice and cook for another – 5-10 minutes depending on how thick your chops are – they should be cooked through but not dry, and should be nice and sticky.
– Add the cooked noodles and spring onion to the pan.
– Check the seasoning and add extra soya sauce if needed.
Serve topped with cucumber ribbons, fresh coriander, chilli, lime and sesame seeds.
– Optional extra: char a naartjie in the same pan as the chops, and serve alongside the chops.
Source – Cooking365coza
The post Sticky Pork Chops on Soy Noodles Recipe appeared first on News365.co.za.