Switch to fish burgers for a delicious change. These Asian inspired patties are fresh and different.
* 500g Prime Hake fish fillets
* 4 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
* 1 garlic clove, crushed
* 1 red chilli, finely chopped
* 1 Lemongrass stalk, finely chopped
* 15ml fish sauce
* 80ml fresh coriander, chopped
* 15ml oil
* 4 bread rolls, halved
* 50g baby Asian greens
* 1 cucumber, thinly sliced diagonally
* sweet chilli sauce, to drizzle
* bean sprouts, to serve
* Place the fish in a food processor. Process until smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
* Add the spring onions, garlic, chilli, lemongrass, fish sauce and coriander. Mix until well combined. Divide into four equal portions. Shape into patties using wet hands and flatten slightly.
* Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Fry the patties for about 6 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
* Meanwhile, toast the rolls until golden. Divide the baby Asian greens and cucumber among the bases of the rolls and top with the fish burgers. Drizzle with sweet chilli sauce and add some bean sprouts. Serve with the roll lid and extra sweet chilli sauce on the side.
Hints & Tips
* These patties make delicious additions to your lunch box. They can be eaten cold with salad.
source – cooking365coza
The post Thai Fish Burgers Recipe appeared first on News365.co.za.