– sauce of choice
– salt and freshly ground pepper
– handful of fresh parsley, chopped
– oil (for shallow-frying)
1 – French loaf or ciabatta, sliced and toasted
1 – egg
250ml – cooked sorghum
1 – onion, grated
1 – medium sweet potato, cleaned, peeled and grated
250-300g – beef mince
1 – head of lettuce or a packet of mixed salad greens
We bulk up the beef mince with sorghum and grated sweet potato. Sorghum is affordable but you can use brown lentils instead if you prefer.
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Grease a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
1. Mix all the ingredients and shape into 6-8 burger patties. Arrange on a plate, cover and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
2. Heat enough oil for shallow frying in a pan and fry the patties in batches until golden brown on both sides. Arrange on the baking sheet and roast for 10-15 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
3. Arrange the lettuce or salad greens on the slices of bread and add a patty to each. Serve with a sauce of your choice.
Recipe from You Mag